So this is the new year, and I don’t feel any different.
That’s not entirely true. I do feel a lot colder than I ever did in 2013. Come on 2014, get it together! You are not off to a good start.
I have pretty mixed feelings about 2013. In order to sort them out, I decided the best thing to do was to give it an end of year performance review.
1) Willingness to take on additional responsibilities: Highly Effective
2013 took on additional responsibilities like a champ. If anything, I would say that 2013 was too eager to take on new responsibilities. Let’s just say it did not shy away from the tough stuff.
2) Reliability: Inconsistent
2013 was not very reliable. Just when you thought you know what to expect, it threw something else at you.
3) Ability to work cooperatively with supervision or as part of a team: Unsatisfactory
2013 went way rogue. It could have benefited from some supervision
4) Helps employees to see the potential for developing their skills; assists them in eliminating barriers to their development: Inconsistent
2013 gave hope that skills could be developed and barriers eliminated, but did not follow through.
Overall, I’m giving 2013 a solid Did Not Meet Expectations
It was an interesting year… it really wasn’t at all what I expected, and not at all what I had hoped for, but it wasn’t entirely bad either. Here are some of the highs and lows from my year (ending with the good):
– That whole tumor thing
– The time I went on a blind date and discovered he had lied about having never been married and not having any kids and then told me that he had actually brought his kid with him on the date.
– the fact that nothing significant enough to mention on my taxes happened
– The Steelers had a bad season
– My sister moved to South Korea
– That whole tumor thing could’ve been way worse
– I started this blog!
– I didn’t spend Valentine’s day alone
– I joined a soccer team and really enjoyed it
– I was constantly reminded of how awesome my friends and family are, and what a great support system I have
– After surgery, I lost a pants size
So, that was my year in a nutshell. In 2014 I’m looking forward to learning how to juggle, visiting South Korea, and keeping up on this whole blogging thing.
This is how Stella feels about 2013:
She’s so embarrassed!